Writing Dialogue for Scripts: (Writing Handbooks 4th edition)
Rib Davis (Author)
A good story can easily be ruined by bad dialogue. Now in its 4th edition, Rib Davis's bestselling Writing Dialogue for Scripts provides expert insight into how dialogue works, what to look out for in everyday speech and how to use dialogue effectively in scripts. Examining practical examples from film, TV, theatre and radio, this book will help aspiring and professional writers alike perfect their skills. The 4th edition of Writing Dialogue for Scripts includes: a look at recent films, such as American Hustle and Blue Jasmine; TV shows such as Mad Men and Peaky Blinders; and the award winning play, Ruined. Extended material on use of narration within scripts (for example in Peep Show) and dialogue in verbatim scripts (Alecky Blythe's London Road) also features.
Also available on eBook for £16.89. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Rib Davis has written over 60 scripts for screen, stage and radio over the course of a 30-year career. He is an award-winning playwright and has also worked as a script reader for both the BBC and the Arts Council of Great Britain.
- Contributor: Rib Davis
- Imprint: Bloomsbury Academic
- ISBN13: 9781474260077
- Number of Pages: 240
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Packaged Weight: 254
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2016-10-20
- Series: Writing Handbooks
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Rib Davis has written over 60 scripts for screen, stage and radio over the course of a 30-year career. He is an award-winning playwright and has also worked as a script reader for both the BBC and the Arts Council of Great Britain.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.