Writing Strategies for U.S. History Classes: A Guide for Teachers
Scott Whipple (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Many students tire of writing essays and research papers day in and day out. This guide provides numerous ways to incorporate multiple methods of writing in their classroom. Scott Whipple includes more than 180 types of writing activities that can be assigned in U.S. History courses. Special features include: _ In-class writing tasks _ Homework assignments _ Unit projects and semester projects _ Opening and closing activities _ A full definition and explanation of each writing strategy Good writing does not have to be limited to the English classroom, and this book provides ample opportunities for teachers to challenge students to become quality writers. Writing Strategies for U.S. History Classes will be of interest to secondary social science teachers and curriculum directors.
About the Author
Scott Whipple is the Social Science Department coordinator and classroom teacher at West Salem High School in Salem, Oregon.
- Contributor: Scott Whipple
- Imprint: Rowman & Littlefield Education
- ISBN13: 9781578864676
- Number of Pages: 106
- Packaged Dimensions: 179x228x9mm
- Packaged Weight: 172
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Release Date: 2006-09-26
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Scott Whipple is the Social Science Department coordinator and classroom teacher at West Salem High School in Salem, Oregon.