Wycliffe and the Beales
W.J. Burley (Author)
A mysterious death ... an eccentric family living on the edge of Dartmoor ... And Chief Superintendent Wycliffe has one of his most complex cases to date. The Cornish Detective series 'Gripping' THE TIMES The Beales are an odd, reclusive family living in Ashill House, on the edge of Dartmoor: old Simon has withdrawn from active life; Nicholas and Gertrude confine themselves respectively to war games and the bottle; young Edward takes long painting expeditions on the moor. Only Frank Vicary, Gertrude's husband, is able to run the family business with enough drive to compensate for the failings of the others. When there is a murder in the village, there seems no reason to connect it with the Beales. But once Chief Superintendent Wycliffe is on the case, his investigation uncovers far more than he - or the Beales - anticipated ...
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
W.J. Burley lived near Newquay in Cornwall, and was a schoolmaster until he retired to concentrate on his writing. His many Wycliffe novels were extremely popular and were adapted for a highly successful TV series starring Jack Shepherd. W.J. Burley died in 2002.
- Contributor: W.J. Burley
- Imprint: Orion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- ISBN13: 9780752858722
- Number of Pages: 192
- Packaged Dimensions: 110x176x16mm
- Packaged Weight: 140
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
- Release Date: 2004-11-04
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: W.J. Burley lived near Newquay in Cornwall, and was a schoolmaster until he retired to concentrate on his writing. His many Wycliffe novels were extremely popular and were adapted for a highly successful TV series starring Jack Shepherd. W.J. Burley died in 2002.