Wycliffe & The Tangled Web
W.J. Burley (Author)
A beautiful girl goes missing, and Wycliffe must untangle a mystery to solve a murder . . . A beautiful schoolgirl goes missing from a Cornish village on the day she has told her boyfriend and sister she is pregnant. The possibility that she has been raped or murdered - or both - grows with every passing hour, and Chief Superintendent Wycliffe is brought in on the case. The investigation reveals a complex network of family relationships and rivalries centred on the girl; and then Wycliffe finds a body - but not the one he expects. Have there been two murders? And if so, are they connected? Wycliffe digs deeper, and soon realises that just beneath the normal, day-to-day surface of the community lies a web of hatred and resentment - a web he will have to untangle if he is to find the key to the mystery . . .
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
W.J. Burley lived near Newquay in Cornwall, and was a schoolmaster until he retired to concentrate on his writing. His many Wycliffe novels were extremely popular and were adapted for a highly successful TV series starring Jack Shepherd. W.J. Burley died in 2002.
- Contributor: W.J. Burley
- Imprint: Orion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- ISBN13: 9780752844466
- Number of Pages: 192
- Packaged Dimensions: 157x180x15mm
- Packaged Weight: 146
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
- Release Date: 2001-08-02
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: W.J. Burley lived near Newquay in Cornwall, and was a schoolmaster until he retired to concentrate on his writing. His many Wycliffe novels were extremely popular and were adapted for a highly successful TV series starring Jack Shepherd. W.J. Burley died in 2002.