Delivery & collection
Find out about our delivery options. Did you know delivery is free to a WHSmith store?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
- How do I get free delivery?
- Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
- Where do you deliver to?
- What do partner sites charge for delivery?
- How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
- When will you deliver my magazine subscription?
- What is the Click + Collect service?
- Where is my order?
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
- What are your last order dates for Christmas?
How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
We offer free UK delivery for all orders over £20, all Magazine Subscription orders and for delivery to a Store.
1st Class delivery service is available for most products for £4.49.
We send each product as soon as we receive stock of it so we may split your order to get your items to you asap.
How much does delivery cost?
The delivery charge you pay depends upon the type of product you order and which delivery option you choose. Check the table for our delivery charges.
|Delivery type||When will I get it?||Charge|
|Saver||In Stock* products are usually delivered in 3-6 working days||£3.29 (or FREE for orders over £20)|
|1st Class**||In Stock* products ordered by midday Monday-Friday are usually delivered the next day.||£4.49|
|Store delivery||In Stock* products are delivered into store on Wednesday and Friday. An additional deliverey is also made on Monday for books, entertainment and some stationery lines. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.||FREE|
|Magazines Subscriptions||Please see here for full details||FREE|
* If the product is not in stock with us we'll show the availability on individual product pages. It will take us this lead time to get the product from our supplier before we can send it to you. A product on "4-6 days" availability would take 7-12 days to arrive by Saver delivery (3+4 days to 6+6 days).
** 90% of our 1st class service will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to 3 days
- Some products are not available for delivery by all delivery types - check the individual product page or see exclusions.
How do I get free delivery?
Delivery is free for orders collected from our Stores, all Magazine Subscriptions orders and for Saver delivery orders over £20.
Store collection is available at any WHSmith High Street store. In Stock* products are delivered into store on Wednesday and Friday. An additional deliverey is also made on Monday for books, entertainment and some stationery lines. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.
Saver delivery to your address arrives in 3-6 working days for In Stock products. We'll send each item as soon as we have stock of it.
If you are ordering a Magazine Subscription if it is the only item in your basket you will not be charged delivery. If you have other items in your basket you will be charged for delivery unless your total basket come to more than £20
Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
There are some restrictions on how we deliver and to where. This is partly due to how our suppliers work, and partly to combat fraud. The delivery options available for your order are shown in your basket.
Some variations to delivery options:
- WHSmith gift vouchers, National Book Tokens, Theatre Tokens and Magazine Subscriptions (excluding Gift packs) can only be delivered to a home or work address
- Store delivery is to WHSmith's UK High Street stores only. This excludes stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and workplaces
- Experience Gifts are only available with Saver delivery.
- Magazine Subscriptions are only available with Saver delivery, however if your order only contains a Magazine Subscription there is no delivery charge.
- Large items such as filing cabinets are not available for delivery to store.
- We can't deliver to any addresses outside the UK, although we can accept orders made overseas to be delivered to a UK address
Where do you deliver to?
WHSmith delivers to UK addresses. This means:
- England (including the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly)
- Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands)
- Northern Ireland
- BFPO addresses (British Forces Post Office)
- any WHSmith high street store (not stores at airports and train stations, for example)
Your delivery will be sent to the delivery address you gave when you confirmed your order.
Although we don't deliver to addresses outside the UK, we can take orders from overseas to deliver to UK addresses.
What do partner sites charge for delivery?
Our partner sites such as FunkyPigeon.com have their own delivery charges so check their delivery information before you order.
How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
To deliver orders to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) locations manually enter the address on the Delivery page in checkout. Postcode look-up will not find BFPO addresses.
WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER MY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION?
Your magazine subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not normally be the current issue that is available in the shops now. The delivery estimates will be sent to you when we confirm that the publisher has received your order.
For weekly magazines it may take between 2-4 weeks for the first issue to arrive once your order has been confirmed by the publisher.
For monthly magazines it may take between 4-6 weeks for the first issue to arrive once your order has been confirmed by the publisher, however some publishers, especially where the magazine is not printed and published in the UK, have longer lead times and it may take a few weeks longer than this. For bi-monthly and quarterly magazines please allow up to 12 weeks.
For special offers and free gifts that may come with the magazine subscription please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery. Free gifts are sent separately and will not arrive with the first issue of your subscription.
What is the Click + Collect Service?
Most of the products we offer online are available to Click + Collect. You can collect orders from our 600 High Street stores in the UK plus selected railway stations and hospitals.
Products which are In Stock in our online warehouses are available for collection in 2-3 working days. You’ll see the availability on the Individual product pages
Click+Collect is simple:
1. Select Store Delivery on the basket page
2. Go to checkout and select your Store. Complete checkout.
3. Visit the store - the Click+Collect sign will guide you to the where you can collect your order
- Please bring along your order dispatch or collection notification emails. If you have a smartphone show us the email on your phone.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team
WHAT ARE YOUR LAST ORDER DATES FOR CHRISTMAS?
For home delivery of In Stock products:
- Saver delivery – Order by 10am on Wednesday 20th December
- First Class delivery - Order by 10am on Thursday 21st December
For store delivery of In Stock products:
- 10am on Wednesday 20th December
Note – These dates are based on the plans of Royal Mail and our couriers. We work closely with our carriers to meet these dates.
Remember: You can buy a Magazine Subscription at any time. See our offers on thousands of Magazines