Order Delivery and Collection
- How Much Does Delivery Cost and How Long Does it Take?
- What is the Click + Collect Service?
- How Do I Get Free Delivery?
- Why Are Some Delivery Options Not Available for my Order?
- Where Do you Deliver to?
- What Do your Partner Websites Charge for Delivery?
- How Do I Arrange Delivery to a BFPO Address?
- When will you Deliver my Magazine Subscription?
- Where is my Order?
Order Delivery Options and Costs
The delivery charge that you pay and the time it takes for your order to arrive depends upon the type of product you order and which delivery option you choose.
We offer free UK delivery for all orders over £20, all Magazine Subscription orders and for delivery to a store.
We offer Next Day Delivery at £4.99 for many orders placed before 2pm on Monday-Thursday. All items in your basket must be eligible for Next Day Delivery in order to select this as an option.
Check the table for our delivery charges.
|Delivery Type||When Will It Arrive?||Cost|
|Saver Delivery||In-Stock* products are usually delivered in 3-5 working days||£2.49 (or FREE for order over £20)|
|First Class Delivery**||In-Stock* products ordered by 11am Monday - Friday are usually delivered the next day||£3.99|
|Next Day Delivery||In-Stock* products ordered by 2pm Monday - Thursday are delivered the next day||£4.99|
|Store Delivery (Click + Collect)||In-Stock* products are delivered into store on Wednesdays and Fridays. An additional delivery is also made on Mondays for books, entertainment and some stationery lines. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.||FREE|
|Magazine Subscriptions||This will vary by publisher. Please read further about Magazine Subscription Delivery here||FREE|
* If the product is not in stock you may see a suggested time frame on the product page. This indicates how long we expect it to take for us to receive the product from the supplier. Normal delivery time frames, as indicated in the table above, will then need to be applied on top of this.
** 90% of our 1st class service will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to 3 days
Please be aware that some delivery options are not available for all of our products. Check the product page to find out what is available for the product you’re interested in, or see our list of exclusions.
What is the Click + Collect Service?
To get free delivery and pick up your order when convenient for you, you can ask for your order to be delivered to one of our 600+ WHSmith UK High Street stores instead of home. Most of the products we offer online are available to Click + Collect.
We also deliver to...
Most London Mainline Railway Stations - Euston, Liverpool Street Broadgate, London Bridge, Marylebone, Paddington, St Pancras, Victoria, Waterloo
Selected Regional Railway Stations - Aberdeen, Brighton, Edinburgh Waverley, Glasgow Queen Street, Manchester Piccadilly, Reading, St Albans, York
Selected Hospitals - Lister Hospital, St Thomas Hospital and West Middlesex Hospital
We deliver customer orders to stores every Wednesday and Friday, and make an additional delivery on Monday for books, entertainment and select stationery products. If your order is in stock then it will arrive in 2-3 working days. We’ll contact you by email when you order is ready to collect.
Bring a copy of your order dispatch or collection notification email to the Click + Collect point in store to pick up your order. If you have a smartphone then you can show us the email on your phone instead of printing it out.
How Do I Get Free Delivery?
Delivery is free when you spend over £20 and select our Saver option, or when you have your order delivered to store for you to collect. Magazine subscriptions are also free to deliver.
Saver delivery to your address arrives in 3-6 working days for in-stock products. We'll send each item as soon as we have stock of it.
Store collection is available at WHSmith High Street stores. In-Stock* products are delivered into store on Wednesday and Friday. An additional delivery is also made on Monday for books, entertainment and some stationery lines. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.
If you are ordering a Magazine Subscription you will not be charged delivery. However, if you have additional items in your basket then you will be charged delivery for them as standard.
Why Are Some Delivery Options Not Available for my Order?
There are some restrictions on how we deliver and to where. This is partly due to how our suppliers work, and partly to combat fraud. The delivery options available for your order are shown in your basket.
Some variations to delivery options:
- Next Day Delivery is only available to select between Midnight and 2pm, Monday – Thursday
- All items in your basket must be eligible for Next Day Delivery in order to select this as a delivery option
- Next Day Delivery can be selected for products that are not in stock. These will be shipped on the next day that the product is available
- WHSmith Gift Vouchers, National Book Tokens, Theatre Tokens and Magazine Subscriptions (excluding Gift packs) can only be delivered to a home or work address
- Store Delivery is to WHSmith's UK High Street stores only. This excludes stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and workplaces
- Experience Gifts are only available with Saver Delivery
- Magazine Subscriptions are only available with Saver Delivery, however if your order only contains a Magazine Subscription there is no delivery charge
- Large items such as filing cabinets are not available for Store Delivery
- We cannot deliver to any addresses outside the UK, although we can accept orders made overseas to be delivered to a UK address
Where Do You Deliver To?
WHSmith delivers to UK addresses. This means:
- England (including the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly)
- Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands)
- Northern Ireland
- BFPO addresses (British Forces Post Office)
- any WHSmith high street store (not stores at airports and train stations, for example)
Your delivery will be sent to the delivery address you gave when you confirmed your order.
Although we don't deliver to addresses outside the UK, we can take orders from overseas to deliver to UK addresses.
What Do Partner Website Charge for Delivery?
Our partner sites, such as FunkyPigeon.com, have their own delivery charges so check their delivery information before you order.
How Do I Arrange Delivery to a BFPO Address?
To deliver orders to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) locations, manually enter the address on the delivery page in checkout. Postcode look-up will not find BFPO addresses.
When Will You Deliver my Magazine Subscription?
Your magazine subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not normally be the current issue that is available in the shops now. The delivery estimates will be sent to you when we confirm that the publisher has received your order.
For weekly magazines it may take between 2-4 weeks for the first issue to arrive once your order has been confirmed by the publisher.
For monthly magazines it may take between 4-6 weeks for the first issue to arrive once your order has been confirmed by the publisher, however some publishers may take a few weeks longer, particularly if they are outside the UK. For bi-monthly and quarterly magazines please allow up to 12 weeks. Please be aware that magazine free gifts may not be included for subscription customers, and that any gifts that are included will be sent separately and may not arrive at the same time as your magazine. Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery.
Where is my Order?
If you have a WHSmith Account, then you can track your order online by logging in.
If you don't have an account, then you will need to contact our Customer Services Team for an update on your order's progress.
My Question is Not Answered Here. What Do I Do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check our FAQs here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team