Cat Lady By Dawn O'Porter
Mia has it all. A gorgeous home, husband, stepson, a fancy job with a jewellery company and her beloved cat Pigeon. Sometimes however having it 'all' isn't all it's cracked to be - having to put up with her husband's ex-wife who spends way too much time at their house. She also works for a spoiled over-privileged it-girl with no common sense or perspective. Mia is living life the way society expects her to, not the way she really wants to.
What Mia is truly lacking are friends and she's so lonely that she joins a therapy group for people who are grief-stricken after losing their pets - even though hers is still very much alive. She lives in fear of losing Pigeon every day - she is the one constant in her life who got her through her former troubled years and still does today. In fact, Pigeon means more to her than her husband Tristan.
Then something happens and she makes the decision to finally live life for herself and of course - her cat Pigeon.
Exclusive content inside! In this book, you will find:
- • Richard and Judy Ask Dawn O'Porter
- • The inspiration behind Cat Lady
- • Reading Group Questions
About the Author
- Contributor: Dawn O'Porter
- Imprint: HarperCollins
- ISBN13: 9780008385439
- Number of Pages: 352
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x26mm
- Packaged Weight: 220
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Release Date: 2023-07-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: DAWN O'PORTER lives in Los Angeles with her husband Chris, her two boys Art and Valentine, cats Myrtle and Boo. Dawn is the bestselling author of the novels The Cows and the Richard and Judy Book Club pick So Lucky, and her non-fiction title Life in Pieces was also a Sunday Times bestseller. Dawn started out in TV production but quickly landed in front of the camera, making numerous documentaries that included immersive investigations of Polygamy, Size Zero, Childbirth, Free Love, Breast Cancer and the movie Dirty Dancing. Dawn's journalism has appeared in multiple publications and she was the monthly columnist for Glamour magazine. She is now a full-time writer of eight books, designs dresses for Joanie Clothing, LOVES instagram, and has a large following on her Patreon blog. www.dawnoporter.co.uk@hotpatooties/DawnOPorter