Essex Dogs - Richard & Judy Book Club Pick Summer 2023
Also available on eBook for £5.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
The Hundred Years War has begun and King Edward and his lords are marching through France. A tight-knit band of men-at-arms from Essex are swept up in the chaos and are desperately trying to stay alive long enough to see home again.
Storming their way from the landing beaches of Normandy to the bloodsoaked field of Crecy the Essex Dogs don't fight for glory or money, they fight for each other. There's Pismire, small enough to infiltrate enemy camps. Scotsman, strong enough to tear down a wall. Millstone, a stonemason who'll do anything to protect his men. Father, a priest turned devilish by the horrors of war. Romford, a talented young archer on the run from his past. And Loveday FitzTalbot, their battle-scarred captain, who just wants to get his boys home safe.
Expertly telling the story of the camaraderie between ordinary men thrown together by war, Essex Dogs is an atmospheric masterpiece from Dan Jones.
About the Author
- Contributor: Dan Jones
- Imprint: Head of Zeus -- an Aries Book
- ISBN13: 9781838937935
- Number of Pages: 480
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2023-07-06
- Series: Essex Dogs Series
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Dan Jones is the Sunday Times and New York Times bestselling author of ten non-fiction books, including The Templars, The Colour of Time and Powers and Thrones. He is a renowned writer, broadcaster and journalist. He has presented dozens of TV shows, including the Netflix series Secrets of Great British Castles, and writes and hosts the podcast This is History. His debut novel, Essex Dogs, is the first in a trilogy following the fortunes of ordinary soldiers in the early years of the Hundred Years' War. He lives near London with his family.