Love Untold - Richard & Judy Book Club Pick Summer 2023
Co-creator of Gavin & Stacey and author of the Sunday Times bestsellers Never Greener and Us Three, Ruth Jones (or Nessa as you may know her) is back with an uplifting, moving and funny new book - Love Untold.
Grace is about to hit her 90th birthday and while some may want a big party and lots of presents to celebrate such a huge milestone, all she wants is to mend a rift within her family that has been going on for more than 30 years.
To do this she must locate her estranged daughter Alys but she risks betraying her grandaughter's trust in doing so. Elin isn't forgiving when it comes to her mother, she can't just forget all the past hurt, secrets and lies so easily. Beca, Elin's daughter is completely oblivious to all of it. Like all teenagers, she is completely immersed in the ups and downs of teenage life, holding secrets of her own and not really paying much attention to anything else, especially the bores of family dynamics.
It's going to take all of Grace's will to right the wrongs of the past and she is running out of time. Will she be able to fix things and secure a reconciliation or have things gone too far to be repairable?
A real and touching look into the inner workings of mother and daughter relationships and the heartache and regret that comes when things are left unsaid. This novel will have you reaching for the Kleenex and belly laughing at the same time!
About the Author
- Contributor: Ruth Jones
- Imprint: Penguin (Transworld)
- ISBN13: 9781804991015
- Number of Pages: 528
- Packaged Dimensions: 127x198x31mm
- Packaged Weight: 357
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
- Release Date: 2023-07-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Ruth Jones is best known for her outstanding and award-winning television writing, most notably BBC One's Gavin and Stacey, which she co-wrote with James Corden and in which she played the incorrigible Nessa Jenkins. The 2019 Christmas Day special of Gavin and Stacey gained national critical acclaim, drawing an audience of over 18 million, winning a BAFTA for TV moment of the year and a National Television Award for Impact. Ruth also created and co-wrote Sky One's Stella, which ran for six series. Ruth has starred in several other television comedies and dramas.Her debut novel Never Greener was chosen as WHSmith Fiction Book of the Year 2018, was nominated for Debut of the Year at the British Book Awards, was a Zoe Ball Book Club pick, and was a Sunday Times bestseller for fifteen weeks, three weeks at number one. Ruth's second novel, Us Three, was an instant Sunday Times bestseller in hardback and paperback and has sold almost a quarter of a million copies. Ruth was awarded a Comedy Women in Print Prize in 2020. Love Untold is her third novel.