Paranoid Parenting: Why Ignoring the Experts May Be Best for Your Child
Frank Furedi (Author)
Dr Furedi's ideas on how to stop disabling today's youth and instead bring out their full potential is invaluable advice to all parents, carers and teachers."Paranoid Parenting" is an important book that shows how parental fears have been stoked and families harmed as a consequence. It ought to be read by every sensible individual interested in regaining a sane viewpoint that advances children's well-being. It seems that every day there is a warning about your children: everything from cots, babysitters, schools, supermarkets and public parks pose a danger. We are told that children's health, safety and welfare and constantly at risk. Based on sociological research as well as dozens of interviews, this book will bolster your confidence in your own judgements and enable you to bring up self-assured, imaginative, capable children. If you want to understand why adults act like children and children act like adults - in short, if you want to understand why raising children today is harder than ever before - read this book.
About the Author
Frank Furedi is Professor of Sociology at the University of Kent at Canterbury. He is the author of numerous books including Culture of Fear Revisited, Where Have all the Intellectuals Gone? and Invitation to Terror, all published by Continuum.
- Contributor: Frank Furedi
- Imprint: Continuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- ISBN13: 9781847065216
- Number of Pages: 240
- Packaged Dimensions: 138x216mm
- Packaged Weight: 348
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release Date: 2008-10-25
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Frank Furedi is Professor of Sociology at the University of Kent at Canterbury. He is the author of numerous books including Culture of Fear Revisited, Where Have all the Intellectuals Gone? and Invitation to Terror, all published by Continuum.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.