'The Torah is both hidden and revealed ... there is a secret meaning to the holy Torah that is not written down explicitly or explained in it' This selection offers a comprehensive survey of the 'Kabbalah', the body of writings in the Jewish mystical tradition. It features texts from a variety of literary forms, from the earliest biblical sources through to the early twentieth century, with a section on 'practical kabbalistic knowledge and procedure' to appeal to the modern market.
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Alan Unterman is a retired professor of comparative religion at Manchester University. His many books include Historical Dictionary of the Jews and The Kabbalistic Tradition.
- Contributor: Alan Unterman
- Imprint: Penguin Classics
- ISBN13: 9780140437997
- Number of Pages: 432
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x24mm
- Packaged Weight: 315
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2008-11-06
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Alan Unterman is a retired professor of comparative religion at Manchester University. His many books include Historical Dictionary of the Jews and The Kabbalistic Tradition.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.