The Last Orphan: Richard & Judy Book Club Pick Autumn 2023
Taken from an orphanage at twelve, Evan Smoak entered the government's covert Orphan program trained to kill America's enemies. Evan's handler, however, was like a father figure who whilst training him to become a lethal killing machine, also taught him moral codes.
Orphan X now dedicates his time to helping those who need help through his helpline. But walking away from his previous life isn't going to be that easy - especially when he holds secrets in his head that the government would do anything to make sure never got out.
Now back on the government's radar - he's thrust back into the world he craved to escape. But will Evan break his ten commandments in exchange for freedom?
Exclusive content inside! In this book, you will find:
- • Richard and Judy Ask The Gregg Hurwitz
- • The inspiration behind The Last Orphan
- • Reading Group Questions
About the Author
- Contributor: Gregg Hurwitz
- Imprint: Penguin Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781405942737
- Number of Pages: 464
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198x27mm
- Packaged Weight: 319
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2023-09-14
- Series: An Orphan X Novel
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Gregg Hurwitz is the No. 1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Evan Smoak thrillers Orphan X, The Nowhere Man, Hellbent, Out of the Dark, Into the Fire, Prodigal Son, Dark Horse and The Last Orphan. He is also the author of You're Next, The Survivor, Tell No Lies and Don't Look Back. He lives with his family in LA, where he also writes for the screen, TV and comics.