We All Want Impossible Things: Richard & Judy Book Club Pick Autumn 2023
Does anyone truly know you better than your best friend? Someone you've done all your growing and adulting with, shared all of the stuffed you daren't tell anyone else and gone through every significant life event with. This is exactly the friendship Ash and Edi share.
Ash Feld is in the midst of a midlife crisis. She is separating from her husband, Honey and has been dealt the devastating blow that her best friend and memory bank Edi has terminal Ovarian cancer.
Edi is married to Jude and lives in New York with their son Dash, who is finding the reality of his mother dying impossible to handle. None of her local hospices have space and now approaching the end of her life, she makes the devastating decision to move to the Graceful Shepherd Hospice, aka Shakely, in Massachusetts which is close to Ash.
The pair embark on the final chapter of their friendship - stumbling through the process of grief, creating final lasting memories, laughter, tears and the inevitable final loss whether ready or not.#
Exclusive content inside! In this book, you will find:
- • Richard and Judy Ask Catherine Newman
- • The inspiration behind We All Want Impossible Things
- • Reading Group Questions
About the Author
- Contributor: Catherine Newman
- Imprint: Penguin (Transworld)
- ISBN13: 9781529177220
- Number of Pages: 240
- Packaged Dimensions: 127x198x15mm
- Packaged Weight: 192
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
- Release Date: 2023-09-14
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Catherine Newman is the author of the memoirs Catastrophic Happiness and Waiting for Birdy, and the bestselling children's book How to be a Person. She is a regular contributor to the New York Times, O, The Oprah Magazine, Parents magazine, and many other publications. Her debut novel for adults, We All Want Impossible Things, was chosen for the Richard & Judy Book Club. She lives in Amherst, Massachusetts, with her family.